More than 60% of restaurants fail within the 1st year. The food & beverage (F&B) industry is hard work. Empower yourself with the skills and knowledge to go against the tide and build a successful business. This mobile micro-learning course on F&B Management will give you a broad overview of all the basics you need to know as an F&B owner or manager in just about 10 minutes a day.
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
This course helps you better understand the key elements of management: planning, organizing, communicating, decision-making, motivation and control.
Who is this course designed for?
F&B professionals interested in optimal operational efficiency through professional F&B management.
What will you take away?
- A greater understanding of the F&B operations for potential improvements
- The objectives of effective control systems for food production, sales, purchasing, receiving and inventory
- The importance of productivity for potential improvements
- Analysis of common and current restaurant marketing trends in the industry
- A marketing and promotional strategy for new food and beverage operations using social media
- Human resource management challenges for recruitment, training, motivation and staff development
- Before We Begin
- The Current F&B Environment
- The Attributes of Successful Restaurant Businesses
- Creating a Concept
- Marketing in F&B Operations
- How To Build An Amazing Team
- How To Survive And Thrive Under Budget
- How To Leave Lasting Impression Through Menu
- Catering Business
- Bar Operations
- Food Court Operations
- F&B Operations In The Sky
- F&B Operations On The Cruise Ship
- Food Stylist
- Hello, It's Check Test Time
Complete the Full Accredited Suite
Learners who complete all three courses will be eligible to apply for admission for the part-time Specialist Diploma in Hotel Operations & Management program in Temasek Polytechnic. Upon successful admission, they will also be granted Full Exemption in the Food & Beverage Business module.
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.