Learn 'Design Thinking' by 'Design Doing'! This is a 'micro-learning course' for beginners which will give you hands-on experience in designing an innovation solution for a real user. 'Design Thinking' starts with understanding individual users in an empathetic, human way and then turning that into a practical design. Design an innovative product in just 10 minutes a day.
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
"Design Thinking 1.0" is about learning design thinking by 'design-doing.' Great design solutions start with understanding individual users in a more empathetic, human way and then turning that into a practical design for someone else.
Who is this course designed for?
Anyone interested in how to think out of the box. You may be a part of the innovation team at work, heading up a new project that pushes boundaries, or simply someone who is interested in how to nurture creativity.
Individuals who appreciate a community to learn from and share with
Those who want to learn on-the-go
What will you take away?
At the end of the course, you will have learned the principles of user-centered design by completing an actual mini 'Design Thinking' project in 5 stages:
- Dream - Design with purpose and intention. Come up with a project vision to create innovative solutions for your user in a meaningful way.
- Discover - Understand various 'discover' techniques. This program focuses on basic ethnography such as user interviews and observations as well as using all 5 senses to come up with a design challenge.
- Ideate - Stretch your own imagination to come up with new solutions.
- Prototype - Test out your ideas and iterate them for your user,
- Synthesize - Bring it all together & finalize your new product design!
- The Project
- Dream: Being True
- Dream: Design Challenge
- Discover: Yourself
- Discover: 5 Senses
- Discover: Ethnography
- Discover: Refine Challenge
- Mid-Program Feedback
- Ideate: Divergence
- Ideate: Creative Muscles
- Ideate: Refining Ideas
- Ideate: Prioritizing
- Ideate: Finalize
- Prototype: Prototype 1
- Prototype: Prototype 2
- Prototype: Debrief
- Synthesize: Together
- Program Completion
Awaken Group is a multi-disciplinary Transformation Design (TD) firm that integrates strategy, leadership, and innovation to design human-centered experiences. Clients include UBS, Singapore Airlines, GIC (Government of Singapore Investment Corporation), Unilever, Sentosa Development Corporation and Mothercare.