Ever handled a difficult employee situations and didn't know how to react? Turn these situations into opportunities to enhance effective work performance.
*Curated using British English
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
In this course, you will learn about activities performed by supervisors/line managers in the areas of employee grievance, discipline and counselling.
Who is this course designed for?
Supervisors and managers working in different organisations.
What will you take away?
- A better understanding of functions performed by supervisors
- A good knowledge of key elements that supervisors or managers need to know about handling employee grievances, managing discipline and counselling employees
- Before We Begin
- Complaint vs Grievance
- Causes of Employee Grievance
- Roles of Supervisor in Grievance Handling
- Grievance Handling Procedures
- Employee Discipline
- Roles of Supervisor in Employee Discipline
- Factors to Consider in Employee Discipline
- Roles of Supervisor in Counselling
- Problems that Require Counselling
- Counselling Skills
- Benefits of Counselling
- Pitfalls to Avoid in Counselling
- My Learning Journey so far...
- Learning Assessment
Complete the Full Accredited Suite
Learners who complete all three courses will be eligible to apply for admission for the part-time Diploma in Security & Fire Safety Studies or Diploma in Police & Security Studies program in Temasek Polytechnic. Upon successful admission, they will also be granted Full Exemption in the Managing People module.
Note: Successful applicants will only be eligible for ONE module exemption in this program.
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.