"IoT is changing and transforming everything from business to life. Imaginations are boundless and opportunities are infinite. " - Mehul Nayak
What will you learn
What is this course about?
This course provides an overview of Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT).
- Purpose and the components of IIOT,
- Benefits and possible challenges of IIOT,
- The applications of IIOT in various industries.
- Various types of IOT protocols for machine-to-machine (M2M) communication.
- IIOT protocol for M2M communication.
Who is this course designed for?
- Individuals who wish to learn the insights into the Industry Internet of Things and its application, and the IOT protocols for M2M communication.
What will you take away?
- The basic principles of IIOT and its protocols and
- The basic functions of the hardware and communication protocols used in the communication between two controllers.
- Before We Begin
- Introduction to IIOT
- Revolution of IIOT
- IT and OT Convergence
- Paradigm Shift in Industry
- Benefits and Challenges of IIOT
- IOT Protocols
- MQTT Protocol
- CoAP Protocol
- AMQP Protocol
- Strength and Weaknesses of the Protocols
Complete the Full Accredited Suite
Learners who complete all three programs will be eligible to apply for admission for the part-time Specialist Diploma in Industrial Internet of Things program in Temasek Polytechnic. Upon successful admission, they will also be granted partial exemption in the IIOT Connectivity module.
(Note : Partial exemption can be granted in the form of exemption from theoretical lessons and/or test components.)
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.