The advent of the computer automation, internet-of-things, and cognitive computing has triggered the race for the ‘smart factory’ – where cyber-physical systems monitor the physical processes of the factory and make decentralised decisions. Prepare for the next revolution. The future is Industry 4.0.
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
- The brief history of all four Industrial Revolutions
- Analyzing the 4th Industrial Revolution
- The technologies that will enable the 4th Industrial Revolution
Who is this course designed for?
- Entrepreneurs and business leaders who want to learn about the “smart factory” and how it will revolutionize our businesses, economy and the workforce.
What will you take away?
- Understand what an Industrial Revolution is
- Differentiate the different Industrial Revolutions and their implications
- Understand what Industry 4.0 is & why it's happening
- Identify the 12 technologies that will enable Industry 4.0
- History of Industrial Revolutions
- The 1st Industrial Revolution
- The 2nd Industrial Revolution
- The 3rd Industrial Revolution
- Industry 4.0 & Why
- The 4.0 Ecosystem
- The 4.0 Design Principles
- The 4.0 Technology Enablers
- Internet of Things (IOT)
- Big Data and Analytics
- Cloud Computing
- Cyber Security
- Augmented REality
- Additive Manufacturing
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Intelligent Logistics
- Lot-Size-One Production
- Energy Efficiencty
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.